Hair loss information that women must to
: 4 stages of typical female hair loss and their
loss knowledge that women must know
A person loses 50 to 100 hairs a day.
Hair loss is part of a natural
balance, with some losing and others growing.
When the balance is broken, that
is, the hair falls out and the hair grows less, hair loss occurs.
It's different from falling hair. The medical term for hair loss is
loss is common not only in men but also in women, as we are aging, the hair
loss also increases.
It is estimated that over 50% of women have experienced
significant hair loss.
according to a 2019 Gallup Korea survey, 4% were in their 20s, 9% were in their
30s, 13% were in their 40s, 15% were in their 50s, and 27% were over 60 years
old, indicating symptoms of female hair loss.
Generally, Hair loss symptoms
usually begin around the age of 40, However recently, there has been an
increasing in hair loss among young women in their 20s and 30s.
stages of female hair loss
in women usually starts on the top of the head or in a demarcated area and
gradually progresses to the entire area of hair loss. Unlike male hair loss,
hair on the forehead line tends to remain relatively well maintained.
- Stage 1: The hair on the top of the head is thinning.
- Stage 2: The state where hair falls off the top of
the head and the number of hair decreases
- Stage 3: The hair on the top of the head is almost falls out.
Diagnosis of hair loss status
In order to
accurately understand the condition of hair loss, it is very important to have
diagnosis, treatment, and consultation with patients. Usually we check as follows below,
1. Hair loss symptom onset time, progression speed, hair loss pattern (type),
hair density and hair thickness.
2. Are there any
products or folk therapies available to alleviate hair loss symptoms.
3. Do you tie your hair tightly or habitually pulling
or pulling hair
4. Is hair loss accompanied by symptoms in other parts of the body?
5. Have you had any recent illness, childbirth, surgery, stress, etc. or taken
any medications (especially contraceptive pill birth control pills))?
6. Are there any
symptoms that may occur when male hormones increase, such as acne, irregular
physiology, and hirsutism?
7. Have you noticed any symptoms that may indicate thyroid disease?
8. Are you on a diet or vegetarian?
Examination of female hair loss
: Types of
tests for female hair loss
To understand the causes of hair loss, the following hair loss tests can
1. Ferritin Test: Serum ferritin
2. Thyroid Function Tests
3. androgen hormone test
4. VDRL test
5. Fungal test
6. Organizational inspection
7. Trichogram examination of hair
8. Taking Hair /Scalp photos
9. Genetic testing
and analysis of female hair loss
Check the scalp for inflammation, dead skin cells, redness, etc.
female hair loss or hereditary hair loss, scarring alopecia at the entrance of
the pores also requires careful examined.
Look at hair spacing to determine density and check hair loss patterns.Carefully
observe the thickness, breakage, length, shape of the hair. It is normal for
the hair to become thinner at the end, but if it becomes dull, it may damage the
hair. Identify whether hair is falling out at the root or broken in the